I've been getting a lot of questions about BB Creams, so let's hit the highlights of this magic cream!
What does BB even mean and what does it do?
- "BB" stands for "blemish balm" or "beauty balm" which is a all-in-one skin cream, foundation, & concealer. It was developed in Germany for patients who were having skin procedures or laser treatments. Korean beauty companies took the BB creams to the next level by making it super affordable and effective.
- BB creams work just like a tinted moisturizer and many have SPF in the formulations. You can find some with heavier coverage that can take the place of foundation.
Benefits of the BB:
- It's a multi-tasking moisturizing primer that makes your skin look flawless instantly. It moisturize, primes, perfects, controls oil, and protects your skin from free radicals. Formulated with emollients and optical pearl pigments, a glow or dewy look. They also help to maintain moisture on the surface of the skin for a smooth appearance.
Should I jump on the BB bandwagon?
- Most men/women in the US have fallen in love with this product, and chances are you will too!
- This is a great option is you aren't a fan of "makeup" or if you only use a tinted moisturizer.
- It's great for oily-combination skin types since it controls oil as well.
- Save steps in your makeup routine!
- Many women feel their skin is more radiant and in better condition after using the BB creams over time.
Reasons you may not love it:
- Since this was geared towards Asian women, the color range is very small. Finding your perfect shade may be difficult if you aren't "beige". Smashbox offers 5 shades ranging from light to dark. Clinique has 3 shades ranging from very fair to medium.
- If you have drier skin, this may not provide enough moisture for you.
BB Creams Brands:
- International sites include Sasa.com, GMarket.com, and iMomoko.com. Korean cosmetic brand, Etude House, is US friendly. Popular brands of BB creams include BRTC, Dr. Jart, Skin79, and Missha.
- You can also find a few brands on Sephora
- You can find all brands on Amazon for the fastest comparison shopping!
Let us know how you feel about BB creams by commenting or by joining our interactive Facebook page!
*Photo provided by "I'm a beauty geek.com"